Sunday, August 11, 2013

D.I.Y EP01: STUDDED BEANIE

 Studded Beanies or Statement Beanies are everywhere. I usually don't wear these but sometimes you have to try something out of your comfort zone. These beanies give you the androgyne-esque vibe which I think is something I slowly embrace. So for today, I'm going to teach you on how to make your own studded beanie (I'm into DIY too okay?) First, choose your own design. You can do whatever floats your boat as long as you have enough studs to put. But in my opinion don't overdo it since it will not look the way you wanted it (just sayin')Second, get your studs with prong (I dunno if that's what you call it but it's the one with the claw in the back). Any type or size will do, as long as you're happy with it or whatever just choose what you think is the best for your beanie.
Third, you might wanna get out your little tweezers (You must be wondering why the heck this project need a tweezers) Anyway, remember what I told you that your studs should have the claw thing at the back? There, you use it to secure the studs to prevent from falling in the beanie. All you need to do is fold the prongs using your tweezers (which I use for the nth time). Well it's up to you if you're gonna use your hands but trust me you'll be thanking me later (peace out!)
Just keep on folding your studs with prongs until you finish your desired design.

Here's a photo of other designs that I've made. It's available @StyleMixerPH (via IG) but it's currently sold out. So make sure to check out my shop for more items (oops! shameless plug)

Studs: Mkemporium (via IG)
Beanie: StyleMixerPH (via IG)

And yeah, that's basically it and hope you enjoy my first episode of DIY. Watch out for more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment